Check out the slideshow below which includes descriptions of all beaches in the Sarasota, FL area from yoursarasota.com.
Getting colder and colder up North. Isn't it time you planned for a vacation to Florida?
We just finished renovating and furnishing a neat 2 bedroom in Sarasota that sleeps 6 and is now ready for your stay: South Gate Home
P.S. don't just look at that water... go there. goSiesta.com
Not your run of the mill people at this event but I recommend all make the trip. Watch the sunset while the locals pay respects to the God of the sun or who knows what. People of all ages and areas come with their drums to join in to this fun and interesting event every week at the largest public beach access in siesta.
Sarasota, FloridaSiesta Beach is the number one beach in the 21st annual Top 10 Beach List, produced by coastal expert Dr. Stephen P. Leatherman, Director of Florida International University’s Laboratory for Coastal Research.
Siesta Beach in Sarasota boasts that it has the finest and whitest sand in the world, and I cannot argue with this claim; the powdery sand is nearly pure quartz crystal. The beautiful blue-colored water is clean and clear, making it so inviting to bathers and swimmers. The beach is hundreds of yards wide, attracting volleyball players and beachcombers as well as those who just want to find their place in the sun. Waves at Siesta Beach are normally measured in inches and the beach gradually slopes into the Gulf waters, making it a very safe area for children.
This beach park is complete with showers and bathrooms, snack bars, grills, picnic tables, shade trees, and a large parking area, which does fill up on summer weekends. Siesta Beach is a smokeless beach, earning extra points for cleanliness and environmental management. My favorite time to visit is after Labor Day when things have calmed down, and the water is still warm enough for swimming until November. Snowbirds from northern climes call this area home during the winter because of the great weather. The beaches are for exploring, but not swimming at this time of year, albeit I have been in the water as early as March.
1. Siesta Beach in Sarasota, Florida
2. Coronado Beach in San Diego, California
3. Kahanamoku Beach in Waikiki, Oahu, Hawaii
4. Main Beach in East Hampton, New York
5. Cape Hatteras in the Outer Banks of North Carolina
6. St. George Island State Park, Florida panhandle
7. Beachwalker Park Kiawah Island, South Carolina
8. Coast Guard Beach in Cape Cod, Massachusetts
9. Waimanalo Bay Beach Park on Oahu, Hawaii
10. Cape Florida State Park in Key Biscayne, Florida
Some of the best artist in the world travel to Sarasota in the first week of November for this famous event. Check out just a taste of the masterpieces. Sarasota is a great town to enjoy many different ways. In five days we went to the beaches, clubs, art shows,
Find out what is going on at goSiesta and hear from others about their experiences.
- Florida Vacation Rentals - Available Siestas...
- 1135 Windsong Lane, Unit A, Siesta Key FL
- 1135 Windsong Lane, Unit B, Siesta Key FL
- 1135 Windsong Lane, Unit C, Siesta Key FL
- 1135 Windsong Lane, Unit D, Siesta Key FL
- 3604 Villa Franca Ave. Sarasota Fl
- 4037 iola Drive Sarasota FL
- Area Attractions
- Beach Cam
- Make a Payment
For more information please contact Terry